When your loved one can no longer see the wood for the trees, it’s time for an intervention…
|Monday – Friday||–||8.00 – 17.00|
|Saturday||–||9.30 – 17.30|
|Sunday||–||9.30 – 15.00|
View Timetable →
07984 362 691
Contact us now if you are in need of a helping hand
What to do when your loved one needs help
What is an intervention?
An intervention is a effective and useful service that can help a person who is in denial and unable to see the wide ranging impact of their addiction. The damage they are causing to themselves and the effect it has on their loved ones.
An intervention should be initiated as soon as possible to reduce the damage done to a person struggling with alcohol addiction. As addiction is a progressive illness unless help is sought the situation will deteriorate rapidly.
How we can help
Interventions are powerful and can work in situations where asking or begging a person to get help seems to fall on deaf ears. When they seem unaware of the damage they are doing and are in constant denial.
An intervention shows that you care, that you want them to get well and live a life worth living. They may not thank you now for your help but further down the line when they begin to recover they will be immensely grateful that you cared enough to intervene.
They will also be grateful to know that there is help available and at Moving Forward we can arrange an immediate admission and in some cases transport. The sooner they get help, the more effective the treatment will be and the quicker they will recover.
What type of intervention/help?
There are degrees of help available for you to support your loved one
- We are willing to talk to your loved one on the phone to explain our process, provide reassurance and explain the urgency of the situation. This is sometimes all that is needed to ensure your loved one is willing to come to Moving Forward.
- We have a trained intervention counsellor who will come to you at a prearranged time to conduct an intervention for you ( with or without family/friends). They are specifically qualified to conduct an intervention and will ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible with the minimum amount of emotional stress for all parties concerned. In addition they can provide escorted transport to Moving Forward. This option provides you with complete peace of mind.
- Often clients come to Moving Forward for an Initial assessment and decide to stay there and then. So you are welcome to come along to Moving Forward for an initial assessment/visit where an intervention will be conducted on site. If this is the option you prefer, it would be advisable to bring some of their belongings with you.
An intervention is an opportunity for family and friends to come together and show their support and with our help your loved one will receive the care and treatment they need.
- GET THE HELP YOU NEED NOW
- WE CAN PROVIDE IMMEDIATE ADMISSION
- WE CAN ARRANGE EVERYTHING
We have an extensive family program with family focused interventions and workshop days
Families and loved ones affected by addiction can suffer a great deal of stress and may often mistakenly think tat they are responsible for the problem.
We aim to provide families with education awareness and on going support. Family interventions can be conducted to ensure your loved ones decision to go rehab is done without blame or judgement and in the right way.
Family interventions are also conducted at the end of a clients stay to ensure the transition home is as smooth as possible. These are facilitated by trained professionals who help establish a dialogue and to create a degree of mutual understanding and compassion.
We look at choices regarding the family’s future and help people to understand the setting of boundaries
We believe addiction is a family illness and that it effects the whole family in ways not often acknowledged.,. Our family centred care sessions include providing families and loved ones with the skills, insight and understanding to support their loved one when they leave. We also understand the devastation an addiction can cause to a family and offer family sessions and counselling to individual family members.
We encourage family visits at the weekend and provide support and guidance around any issues involved.
Research has shown that including and providing support for families can
- Increase the likelihood of a clients sustained recovery
- Improve family relationships
- Increase understanding of family dynamics
07984 362 691
FOR EMERGENCY CASES
Following your initial assessment and admission, you will be seen by our GP who will carefully evaluate you and your withdrawal risks. We will endeavour to reduce the stress and anxiety involved in this process as much as possible and we will fully support you.
View more →
Our Surrey based residential rehab facility is remote and gated ensuring that your privacy while receiving treatmetent is assured.
View more →
We run weekly aftercare sessions at our property that you can come to top-up the work you’ve done during your residential stay and also to some relapse prevention specific work. You are also welcome to, space providing, to attend our usual weekly treatment timetable- attending session as and when it is suitable for you.
View more →
0800 011 9417
FOR OTHER ENQUIRIES
Get your smile back
All very helpful, couldn't have come this far without all of the staff's help. They gave me confidence, skills to stay cleanClient
Felt safe and looked after whilst staying here. Staff were fab and proper caring. Felt like a family. Learned lots during my stay.Client
Very homely and caring, quality treatment and Z is happy and making good progressRelative of Client
The facilities are first class, and the help is without question the best to be round anywhereRelative of Client